Local Author Gets Published

By Mara Dobyns

Photos By LeGay Naseath

Meet Mark Naseath, local author and resident of Lassen County. Treasures From The Cove was published this year through Page Publishing Inc. The book, which is based on real life events, tells the riveting story of a young teenage boy in search of answers to some of life’s biggest questions. What is the true meaning of being adopted, where do I fit in, how will I ever survive High School? After a near death experience his perspective on life changes and many of the answers he was searching for are discovered in the cove. From beginning to end this book is sure to keep your attention. For people dealing with anxiety or for anyone who is simply curious this book was made for you.


One of the first lines in the introduction states “I still believe that 90 percent of the time we control our own destinies by the choices we make and our attitudes about life. Sometimes we allow the remaining 10 percent to take control and paralyze us!” I honestly believe this book could inspire many to learn how to take control and steer through life without fear and with reassuring knowledge by their side. Mark says he has gotten remarkable feedback and that the whole experience has been humbling. He encourages others to write and share their stories and he mentions that if anyone has any questions or would like to discuss the book he can be contacted through Facebook and would be happy to hear your feedback.

Treasures From The Cove can be purchased at Margies Book Nook in Susanville, Old Town Mercantile in Westwood, The Westwood One Stop Center where proceeds will be donated to help benefit the programs they offer, BarnesAndNoble. com, Amazon.com, as well as through Apple iBook and Google Play.