admin | Mountain Valley Living Magazine

dfghunting   Q:  Is there a reduced-fee hunting license?
A:  Yes.  If you are a disabled veteran, you may be eligible for a reduced-fee hunting license, available only at DFG license sales offices, or by mail using their hunting license mail order form.  To qualify for this license, you must submit BOTH of the following:

  • A letter from the Veterans Administration verifying that you have a 50 percent or greater service connected disability and were honorably discharged from the United States armed forces; and
  • Evidence of meeting California hunter education requirements as required in Fish and Game Code, Section 3033.

For information on free and reduced fee fishing licenses, see page 8, in ‘RV Travel’. To obtain the hunting license mail order form, download it from the Department of Fish and Game at